View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 01:22 PM   #82
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I suppose there comes a point where it becomes (or is) financially irresponsible NOT to sell Fofana, but Leicester better not go on a full sell-off because this team looks like it's going to be fighting to stay in the top 12, at best. And a few injuries and balls dropping the wrong way and its a bottom 5 squad. I've never seen a team (the past couple of years) so uncomfortable playing with a lead, or even after scoring. They almost always give goals back and/or blow leads. Blech.

Top 12 is being generous for LCFC at this point. To be fair, I am seeing a team finishing closer to 15th so not a huge difference. I still have confidence that they will bring a few players. The financial might of the EPL will always allow LCFC to go to mid table to bottom feeders and even some of the top four in the other top leagues and make them offers they can not refuse. Of course that is contingent that they make that one big sale.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote