View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 08:28 PM   #114
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Antony has taken the prima donna approach and has missed today's and last weekend's Eredivisie games. Latest rumors are Manchester United has upped their bid to €95M for the kid. No, he's not worth that kind of money, especially not with that kind of attitude, or does he?

The best part of the transfer for me is as of this post, Transfermarkt still shows that his valuation was 31.5 euros as of Jun 8 2022. So he tripled in transfer valuation in just over two months. He reportedly is now making ten times the salary he made with Ajax. I am not saying it is right in a sporting sense for him to sit out the games. However in a business sense, I think it was in the best interest of both Antony and Ajax that he not be injured in those games if this was the reward for both the player and the club.

I just spent a week in London. The only times I heard anyone being concerned with FFP were when they were complaining about Barcelona, wondering how Nottingham Forest could make so many transfers and complaining about Newcastle but that was only after they signed Alexander Isak.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote