View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 06:59 PM   #130
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
A club like Leicester has to work with the fact that their good players are going to be moving on regularly, and so the scouting/acquisition team needs to have long-term plans and contingencies. It sounds like that kind of setup is missing and Rodgers is maybe of the mindset that they should just be able to buy to replace whenever they need to, which simply isn't realistic.

It's a shame because in general this has been a well-run club.

I don't know how the setup could go missing. I mean, the club seemed to be doing well enough up until last year when they did not get rid of anyone of significance. I can see the argument that they just signed bad players since he got there but I don't hear a lot of people saying they don't have EPL players throughout that squad and people seem to be willing to spend a lot of money to get some of those players. TBH I don't blame Rodgers if he is of the mindset that the club should just be able to bring in sure-fire replacements. If that is the case, he should resign and try to get a job with one of the Big Six. Or he could have gotten them into the Champions League instead of finishing fifth two years in a row before finishing 8th last year. I don't say that in a mean way either. The Leicester model is not for every manager. But I have seen the Leicester model work with the right manager.

The fact remains that Leicester is 7th in the wage table in the EPL. They are spending more on wages than the clubs currently in 4th(Brighton), 8th(Brentford) and 9th(Leeds) combined. There is no excuse for that squad of players to be at the bottom of the league. Let's not forget that they put out a pretty strong lineup and went scoreless against a League Two side in the League Cup. Hopefully with the window closing, the coach and the team can focus on solely improving on the pitch.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote