View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 08:48 AM   #6483
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I think it's time to admit that my desire to buy the latest & greatest of video games (typically RPG/Strategy related) doesn't match my capacity to actually fire it up and spend the time learning all the intricacies necessary. While I've never been a Min/Maxer, I do like to have some idea of what I'm doing.

Most recently, I purchased Crusader Kings 3. After watching videos and reviews all clearly saying although it is still a complicated grand strategy game (typical of Paradox), this had a much improved tutorial and was an ideal jumping onboard process. Working thru the Tutorial scenario, I found myself asking what have I gotten myself in to. Even with all of the screens and tooltips, I still feel there is just SO much to comprehend. I suspect this is the same with other recent titles (Shadow Empire is another example).

So then I think maybe I should jump back into an Action RPG (I'm looking at you Path of Exile). At least there, I can grasp the systems and progress. And jump in & out when time is available without having to re-learn everything again. Or re-download Elder Scrolls - Skyrim.

But I'd love to hear any suggestions on single-player RPGs where it doesn't take me as long to learn how to play than to actually play the game...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote