View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:56 PM   #288
Radii
Head Coach

woohoo, go sabotai! nice to have some company in here again

The last two weeks haven't been very good for me from any perspective, and stress and a lack of sleep have definitely impacted my eating habits. I overslept last Saturday and didn't get to go to the Dr for a weigh in, which is why I missed a week updating here. Today was my one month checkup w/ the Dr, and i have lost a little weight in the last two weeks, which surprised me.

I had a good visit with the doctor, who adjusted my meds a little and we talked about the importance of a good night's sleep, he's been pushing me to get a sleep study done to see if I have sleep apnea. I need to get that done, for now i am just not sleeping enough straight out, but I may not be getting quality sleep when I am sleeping, my dad has sleep apnea and there is no reason to allow it to continue if I do have it, so I'm going to try to get that set up sometime soon.

I also met with the nutritionist at this office for the first time today to go over where i've been struggling w/ the diet and how i can adjust things. One thing she told me that was interesting to me is that since i have high blood sugar and borderline(if not already) diabetes, that I should definitely be eating fruit, but not eating more than recommended on the diet plan they have(basically eating 2 pieces of fruit a day), and not eating fruit as a snack by itself, to always eat it as part of a snack/meal with some protein so I'm not just feeding myself sugar, even if its the good sugar in fruits. The appetite suppressant dosage was increased a bit b/c i told them that if I am not very diligent about eating my snacks in the morning I get *very* hungry by lunchtime. I really need to do a better job of spacing out my meals better, but if the appetite suppressants are working properly my body should be a little more forgiving than has been lately.

Starting Weight (8/31): 360.4
Week 1 (9/8): 352.2
Week 2 (9/14): 349.2 (-11.2)
Week 4 (9/28): 347.0 (-13.4)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote