View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #442
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I have sympathy for him as well. I like to think I know how I would react in that situation, but I havent lived it so I cant say for certain.

Where we probably diverge is I think the officer should be held criminally liable for his actions. If we are to excuse an officer for protecting his life and killing an unarmed suspect "accidentally" then I think we have to also hold him accountable for not engaging a suspect and doing his job.

Again, I don't think we really have a strong disagreement. I would say that because we have excused officers for killing unarmed suspects accidentally in order to protect his life, how can we hold an officer accountable for making the protecting of his life a priority in this case. That, however is a discussion for another thread.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote