View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, time to make a pick. I’ve been eyeing RB Bryam McMillan all day. Do I take him here? Let’s look around and gauge the board.

The one thing keeping me away from Mr. 6.0 is that I already have two “Very Overrated” players taken. When I was grabbing Peter Briggs early, it was one thing, but now I have two overrated players. What to do? Grab a third?

Options:

RB Bryan McMillan very overrated at 6.0. Average breakaway speed, which I like a lot of. Extreme elusiveness, which I like as well. Great workout with good numbers in everything except broadjump.

RB Tyrus Torres is at 5.8 and rated hard to read. Torres was 0.1 faster than McMillan at the 40 yard dash, and has more speed to outside, but a bit less elusiveness, still a lot though.

RB OJ Winters is like Bert Mayehm, with ratings and scouts liking them, but bars of suckitude I no draft him.

RB Lonnie Staggs – Mr. 5.7 with an as scouted rating. Slower times and I don’t like his lack of strength in areas like breakaway and elusiveness. What you see is what you get with him, however.

Since these two – Torres and Staggs, are right behind McMillan, maybe I should think about going elsewhere. Should I trade down? You need to trade down a lot to make stuff here. For example, were I to trade down five picks, I’d only net 100 points on the trade calculator, enough for a late 4th rounder.

Other options to take here?

Our scouts think WR Sammie Newman is very underrated and he ran the 40 in sub 4.40 time. He can’t catch a cold in a rainstorm, but he has top notch big play ability, and if he is underrated, then he could end up a lot better. Volatility 82 though. Still, take a QB and two receivers in the first round, and you have a real offense, no matter what (I hope). We interviewed the top nine receivers and took the first. All of the rest after the next three were all very overrated. Taking one of the three ones that was rated well makes sense here. It also shores up our passing game in case our top choice busts.

Eh, why not move then. I want to get a low 2nd rounder so I grab my draft calculator and figure out a decent trade. Okay, I figured out this trade an the calculator, so hold on:

I give up to the Chiefs:

1/21
3/17
7/1

I get from the Chiefs:

1/28
2/29
4/29

I move down, and get to jump from mid third to bottom 2nd. Then I get an extra 4th for a seventh. Note this trade is in Cleveland ‘s favor by a mere 0.2 points.

By pick 28 I hope to have a clearer picture as to the RB/WR question.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote