View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #48
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
And then I looked at his transactions - at the deadline he was traded from the last-place Georgia team to the 1st place OK City team, where he won the World Series (he hit .341 for OKC after the trade). Then he retired. Maybe a coincidence, but nice to see that the trade system worked pretty well and it looks like, at his age, he decided to retire after getting a ring, even though he probably could have continued playing. Not sure the game factors in that kind of thing in determining whether to retire, though. Does it?
Not sure about the retirement after a ring, but the deadline trades, I absolutely LOVE in this game. As you probably saw in the other thread, I've been in contention some years, and out of it in others. The AI is offering me trades that are appropriate to where I am in the standings as we get near the deadline. If I'm a contender, I get offered high-priced solid veterans for prospects, and vice-versa if I'm out of it.