View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #471
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

About a year ago, I spent a couple of months seriously trying to figure out if I should switch from DTV to streaming. What was most important was live sports, DVR space and having access to about 20-25 (non-sports) channels that we watched most often.

What I found was that I would have needed 3 separate packages to get the channels we wanted and that those packages had limits on number of screens, had a laughable lack of DVR space, and that I would have saved about $25/month for the privilege of being able to DVR a fraction of what we currently do, plus the hassle of having to switch between packages/TVs depending on what channel I wanted to watch and in what room.

Plus, my local internet options suck and I'm not entirely positive it can handle 4 people's devices plus my work usage plus 2-3 TVs. It wasn't even a close decision to stick with DTV.

Also, DTV has been throwing freebies at me for the past year. I got Sunday Ticket free at the halfway point of the season last year, they've already given me the entire season this year for free, and I got all the HBOs for free (which then gives me HBOMax). So I see no reason to leave, even though I've tried to justify it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-02-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote