View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #329
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Camp Results

First up was the officer reassignments. For the new divisions, I Corps lost Julian York from Loomis' Division, and John Hagood takes the job in II Corps. At that point I couldn't 'promote' anyone for III Corps, since we were out of officers. So Felix Toon is our new auto-generated Colonel for that spot. Loomis' 2nd Brigade is now led by Col. Pedro Finegan, who is plenty capable.

It also seemed wise to max out on supply. We were mostly there, so it was a small expense. Then I did some experimentation to see how to do the outfitting to accomplish the stated goal that was pretty much unanimous from the voting; get as many boots on the ground as possible, by whatever means. That turned out to be a dicey proposition, even more expensive than I'd hoped.

The new brigades were all formed at default strength; simply all we could afford. That means 1000 men for infantry, 150 for skirmishers, 4 guns(a couple got 5 here simply because we had extra in storage) for artillery, 250 for cavalry. That took all but literally a few thousand bucks.

Wagner's Division

Race's Brigade -- 92 added, up to 864 men.

Durrell's Division

** Kemper gets 103, now at 579 for one of our smallest infantry brigades.

** Seymour adds the 17th crew(rookies).

Altogether we added over 10k men, for a total of a bit over 49 thousand. There are still 7,089 in the recruit pool, but we took a nice good chunk out of it.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 12-13-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote