View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #350
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Camp Results

Every infantry brigade that has reached * status was upgraded to the Springfield M1842 if they didn't have them already. This was given priority, as it seems best to me to have a halfway-serviceable weapon for men who have proven themselves capable of using it. There were three of them, taking up almost all of the applicable weapons in the Armory.

I Corps

MG James Stewart takes the Infantry Specialization. I was debating between that and RNG-decision there, but chesapeake's vote pushed it over the edge.

Race's Brigade -- 81 rookies for free took you down to the ** experience minimum again. 157 vets as well, a total of +238, now at 827 men. Still small, but recovering.

Scales' Brigade -- Given the lack of instructions here, the fact that another veteran crew would put him just over the brigade allotment in terms of funding, and the relative need for more bodies elsewhere, Scales holds at 15 crews with no changes this time around.

Durrell's Divison

Kemper -- 55 rookies, 143 veterans. +198 to 752 strength.
Hoke -- 277 rookies, 142 veterans. +419 to 1379 men.
Pease -- Not experienced enough to justify the expense of the Springfield M1855. They do get a shipment of M1842s though. 365 rookies, 107 veterans. +472, now at 1187. The requested weapon is noted for future reference though, and may come in time.
Birney -- +82 veterans, back up to a credible 411 horsemen.

Seymour's Brigade -- Holds at max of 17.

Loomis's Division

** Moody -- No change.
** Finegan -- 417 vets to 1324. This took a truly ridiculous amount of money, siphoning from the other brigades in the division as part of it. Approached $20k spent on the one unit ... so I hope they perform now as a result .
** Pease -- Adds 11 rookies as part of a general disbursement of the Springfield M1842.
** Gary -- Same 11 for him, and 227 vets to get him up to the 1500 mark.
** Wright -- Up to 20 guns now.

III Corps

Baldwin's Brigade

155 reinforcements, up to 483. Good-sized cavalry now, but they still pretty much suck in the skill department.

Summary

We just spent over a quarter-million warbucks(TM). There is a whopping $25 left, and 8,414 recruits; we put about 70% of the available manpower in the field as well. We now have a third Napoleon-firing artillery brigade, but the biggest change was in the lower-level infantry. Several thousand new Springfield M1842s are now out there. In fact, we raided over half of the available stock. Once as high as 20k, it's now at just over 4500 remaining. If things go well, we'll probably have to upgrade more units out of necessity; but that would be a really good problem to have. A lot of green/1-star brigades that were at about 1000 moved up to close to the 1500 range. This was made possible by our biggest warchest yet to spend, continuing training improvements, and also the increased experience of our top commanders, which has a trickle-down effect on the brigades. The command-efficiency limit is becoming less of an issue.

Of course, the more experienced units, and those with more advanced weapons, remain much more difficult to increase the numbers in.

Here's how the total manpower stands:

I Corps -- 16.9k
II Corps -- 18.1k
III Corps -- 20.6k

Over 55,000 now under our command. Which is still just half of the size of the total rebel force, so we oughtn't get cocky, but we've never gotten much above 40k before.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote