Hall Of Famer

July 27, 2012
Blyth vs Bradford City (L2) - Friendly
GK - Knight
D - Giddings - Antwi - Purvis - Sinclair
MF - Matondo - Morrison - Groves - Dombaxe
F - Mole - Armstrng
(Available subs: cast of thousands)

4-4-2 Defensive to start ... and once again, Fell notes that Pook & Mole are among the players having a hard time motivating themselves to play for me, Mole is also having issues about Armstrong being the captain. I'm starting to think he's going to be a pain in my ass this year.

40:45 - Groves with a pass to Mole in the area, shot is parried, Armstrong with the rebound & a half volley that goes high
41:40 - They banked a shot off the post, had Knight beaten but the woodwork saved him
Halftime - A fair half of work, outshooting them 8-4 with 54% of poss. Giddings took a knock before the break and Mole picked up a yellow card somewhere along the way but on the whole that wasn't too bad.
Sub Kulsten for Giddings (and stupidly accidentally failed to do a pep talk)

57:00 - Sub Seery for Antwi (knocked), White for Dombaxe, Breckin for Sinclair (Purvis to DR)

64:00 - Sub Stamp for Armstrong, Slaughter for Morrison, Brown for Matondo
74:00 - Sub Sheppard for Mole
80:00 - Sheppard is denied on a shot from just outside the box by a nice save

Fulltime - 12-6 shots edge, 52% of poss., Bradford appeared pretty content to let this one play out as it did. Not much to say but considering the overall talent gap I'm happy enough with the outcome. Not too pleased about some individual performances (Mole & Giddings 6.2, Sinclair 6.1) but we'll keep that to ourselves for now.