View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #231
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sept 11, 2012
I move Ian Breckin to the Reserves, hoping simply to get him match fit, and he's none to happy about it. I try to explain that I just need him to prove himself there & he'll get first team action & he's righteously offended. I try to explain that I meant no offense & he seems satisifed for the moment. The game really needs an option that lets you talk about Fitness being the reason for a move. He's set as eligibile for Reserve until match fit but isn't being selected, I'll take control of the Reserves and see if that lets me get him in there
----
Our efforts to move GK Max Johnson before his contract expires at the end of the year continue to be fruitless unfortunately.

----
Sept 12, 2012
An interesting situation has developed with a youngster on the Hartlepool Reserves. We've tried multiple times to convince 19 y/o ST Callum Hassan to join us, Hartlepool is more than willing but Hassan has steadfastly refused. I get word that Braintree is trying to loan him in so we quickly try again. Hartlepool accepts both offers so now Hassan has some decisions to make.

----
We do end up with control of the Reserves I swear I've tried in the past but it didn't let me actually run them. I'll spare you the details, the match ends with a 1-1 draw against Scunthorpe Reserves, thanks to a controversial extra time goal by Taylor after a well played long ball from Forster. The match was educational for me in a way, I learned that we have virtually no help forthcoming from the front seven at the reserve level. Maybe in the youth but not among true reserves. Kieran Gonzalez was outstanding in goal, facing 17 shots (to our 4) and making more far more actual saves than I'm accustomed to seeing. Most importantly, those veteran defenders may have taken a step toward playing their way into match shape.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-14-2012 at 11:55 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote