View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #243
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oct 6, 2012 (morning)
We bring in Scottish strike Lee Peacock on trial. The 35 y/o is in the final stage of his career but might have enough guile to help our anemic offense. We shall see.
----
Our U18s lose to Hartlepool 1-0 on the road.
----
Oct 6, 2012 (afternoon)
Blyth (1-5-5, 22nd) vs Hayes & Yeading (4-3-4, 13th)

Pure midtable club for us on the road. They feature a pair of dangerous strikers that have been prolific (7 goals & 5 goals). They're 1:6 faves, we're 10:1 dogs.

GK: Knight
D: Giddings, Jones, Antwi, Sinclair
MF: Phillips, Hands, Whiteley, Richards
F: Mole, Chinthengah
Bench: (Purvis, Groves, Armstrong, White, Dovey)

4:00 - Phillips fouls Christophe in the area ... that's a penalty ... which turns into a goal (0-1)
16:00 -Switch to Standard
17:45 - Cadmore snags a loose ball in the area & bangs it home (0-2) Phillips failed to control that one
45:00 - Jones gives up an own goal while battling Ademeno
Halftime - Probably the worst half I've seen from us. Outshot 11-0, only 41% poss. Did little to nothing right. "Show me something else". Morale as bad as I've ever see it. Let's attack, see what happens next.

64:00 - I've seen enough. Sub Groves for Philips (5.4), shift Giddings to LMF
66:20 - Jones punts one deep ... Mole gives chase & catches up ... his lob from high in the area ... floats in! (1-3)
Sub Armstrong for Chinthengah (5.6)
74:00 - Sub Purvis for Richards

Fulltime - Sigh. Maybe we're just not good enough to be up here. Outshot 18-2. Just annihilated really. Only positive was that most of the players did improve in the 2nd half vs the awful 1st half.

Knight 6.1
Giddings 6.8, Jones 6.8 & 1 assist, Antwi 6.7, Sinclair 6.6
Phillips 5.4, Hands 6.6, Whiteley 6.5, Richards 5.9
Mole 7.3 & 1 goal, Chinthengah 5.6
Subs: Purvis 6.9, Groves/Armstrong 6.5

Oct 6, 2012 (postmatch)
We're still 22nd, now 2 pts back of the nearest teams ahead and only 2 pts in front of the teams behind.