View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #193
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not sure what the big deal is for the people who were trying to give CBS crap about showing this.

Well when the head of the network isn't happy about it being aired, it does sort of create some room for criticism to get additional play. In general the level of violence (brutality?) is where the criticism is usually aimed.

And if I read the recap here right & one of the female fighters ended up with a broken orbital, I suspect the amount of hell being raised will go through the roof on Monday.

Meanwhile, in other MMA news, former WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley appeared at the AFL show in Atlanta last night and announced that he was joining the company with a debut apparently scheduled for an October PPV appearance back in Atlanta. I haven't seen any crowd estimates on the show but as of late Thursday/early Friday, I was getting emails from Ticketmaster offering free tickets so I'm guessing the paid wasn't pretty.