View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #3875
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Day 3 posts. Interesting thoughts that I can still remember. EF comes out and asks why we think Zinto and J23 are bad. Interesting that wolf comes out and sticks up for a wolf and at this point a 50% possible wolf, but I'd assume 99% possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Seems to me that Jackal and J23 still deserve some possible votes as people who were right in the thick of things, but not lynched.

Also, that list I was going by yesterday, of people who voted elsewhere than NTN after Bhlloy's reveal, is growing shorter:

CF, Lathum, Mckerney, J23

CF's not getting a pass from me, but combine the two and I think I'm going after J23 for now.

vote J23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I don't understand why you think the group you've selected has a higher chance of being a wolf than those that left their votes on people not in the running, or those who left their vote NOT on ntn the first day. I mean, I understand you wanting to find a way to justify how you're voting, but the reasoning seems exceedingly weak to me.

Quote:
Those who left their vote elsewhere are another good group to look at, sure. Though I think someone did and said they were all people who aren't around at night. But I agree, that's another place for a wolf to be.

There's what 20 people in the game now? Yes, I have to somehow come up with something to limit my voting pool or else I'd never be able to pick someone. If someone else's reasoning sounds better to me I'd gladly switch. But I think the point where there's a reveal and, and there's a wolf in the voting mix, is a *very* strong place to look for wolf moves, much more so than any other time during that day.

Quote:
I think when there's a reveal, everyone is going to move off that candidate. The fact that a wolf was one of the other options to move to should make you examine those movements, but having a wolf in the mix doesn't make those moving off of the revealed player more likely to be a wolf since it's just dumb luck as far as who was on the revealed player already(I will concede that out of this group, those that moved onto ntn would look better however, unless they play like dubb where they try to actively kill their wolf friends). If you wanted to use your reasoning, I would think you'd look at players that moved from the non-revealed players to people other than Ntn after the reveal shook up the lynch voting.

Quote:
I'm not saying people who moved off the reveal are wolves. I'm saying that if a wolf moves, after a reveal, they're going to try to encourage a different candidate other than a wolf. Since we know one of the options was a wolf, people who went elsewhere, especially if somebody goes to a candidate who seems a less good candidate than NTN, might be wolves.

I mean you can harp on my reasoning, but here's the votes, you can do your own analysis and tell me who you think makes a better candidate.

((bhlloy reveals))
bhlloy unvotes dubb 275
bhlloy votes mauboy 275
jackal unvotes bhlloy 281
jackal votes mauboy 283
ef unvotes danny 287
ef votes mauboy 287
jackal unvotes mauboy 296
jackal votes J23 296
danny votes ntn 297
CF unvotes mauboy 306
CF votes J23 306
Lahtum unvotes danny 310
lathum votes J23 310
commo unvotes bhlloy 318
mckerney unvotes bhlloy 329
mckerney votes mauboy 329
commo votes ntn 334
J23 unvotes bhlloy 352
J23 votes mauboy 354
bhlloy unvotes mauboy 357
bhlloy votes ntn 357
mauboy unvotes dubb 361
mauboy votes ntn 361
j23 unvotes mauboy 364
j23 votes ntn 364
dzilla unvotes ntn 377
dubb unvotes bhlloy 386
RA votes ntn 390
CF unvotes J23 393
CF votes ntn 393
dubb votes J23 400
autumn unvotes J23
autumn votes ntn

Quote:
Well I'm not sure I'm going to vote for someone for not moving their vote, when they weren't here. Yes, of course they could be a wolf, but the fact that they didn't move their vote when not here isn't at all evidence of that. It's just taking a blind shot.

I'm not even sure that that's true about people who didn't move their votes. It's not something I've looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Ugh, I really hate posting from phones, after losing a longer post this is going to be short. Looking forward to a for day weekend starting friday though. Long story short, after looking at voting history danny posted

vote zinto

Will not be on a computer until after deadline due to an NBDA meeting, but will be checking phone.

Quote:
Vote MrBug

I'm ok with either him and Zinto for tonight.

Quote:
CF votes Mrbug 1209
Thomkal votes mauboy 1239
EF votes thomkal 1241
jackal votes mrbug 1244
thomkal unvotes mauboy 1255
autumn votes J23 1264
sndvls votes EF 1266
narc votes EF 1271
danny votes zinto 1305
commo votes zinto 1322
sndvls unvotes EF 1325
hoops votes zinto 1345
J23 votes mrbug 1347

MrBug - CF, Jackal, J23
Mauboy -
Thomkal - EF
J23 - Autumn
EF - Narcizo
zinto - danny, commo, hoops

Quote:
I was passed a Tincture of Camphor night one, which I had the option of opening during the night window. Having no idea what it did, I decided against it and passed it along. Any idea what that item might be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
MrBug 3 - Jackal (1244) J23 (1347) Thomkal (1383)
Thomkal 3 - EagleFan (1241) Danny (1305) CrimsonFox (1389)
J23 1 - Autumn (1264)
EagleFan 2 - Narcizo (1271) Zinto (1372)
Zinto 5 - Commo_Soldier (1322) hoopsguy (1345) SnDvls (1351) dubb (1375) Grammaticus (1380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
unvote mrbug
vote thomkal

Quote:
unvote Mrbug
vote Zinto

Quote:
What is with all the movement.

I am concerned with the way Jackal seems to follow every vote movement in this game like he's just following the shift in the winds. Any time it seems there's a mention of switching momentum somewhere, Jackal is there. Am I the only one getting this impression?

Quote:
I'm stranded out there at hte moment on J23 but I don't really see a reason to vote Zinto or Thomkal or MrBug, so I'm a bit of a loss here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I can't fault you or argue with you on that point, I was doing that a good amount yesterday and it prompted questions about me having an object or ability forcing me to do that. After reading over the last couple pages though I think my vote is better served elsewhere than Bug. As for Thomkal v Zinto, I don't have much separating them. I could see going either way, but from the posting Thomkal has left me with a slight bit more doubt.

Quote:
I don't really mean your zaniness last night Jackal. I mean outside of that you seem to have been following the herd a bit. Though I think you did that last game too, so that may just be the vibe you give me.

Quote:
Well, J23 obviously, or CF, just for that non-NTN vote. I'd vote Jackal, just more on gut than anything. I'm not sure who I'd go outside of that. But I just don't really see much on these guys. Bug and Zinto for being quiet, I guess, which I expect from either of them. Thomkal has actually given me a strong villager vibe, I can't see voting there. I'll pile on in the end, if need be, depending on which voters I trust. But I don't see how these candidates really come out of the events of the last couple days.

Quote:
That's true, I did forget that.

Quote:
I would also vote Mauboy too at this point. Just looking through his posts I don't get a good feeling from him. One of those "say vague things that make some people look bad without actually commiting to it" type things.

Quote:
You keep forgetting that I had the deciding vote on ntndeacon that lynched him after raiders tied it up at the end.

Quote:
If you'd just vote J23, then we'd know if he was bad, and whether I should trust you for that vote ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So Autumn you want a vote on J23?

Quote:
Autumn take a stand and put your vote out there

Quote:
Alright, Autumn I will give you a bone and see what happens.

Unvote Zinto
Vote J23

Quote:
Jeez guys, give a guy a minute. I'm trying to enter in the vote history, and look at posts and think. We're not all genius as you guys (or as bored maybe).

Quote:
why not...

unvote thomkal
vote j23

Quote:
I already said I'm really unlikely to vote thomkal, so if things stay as they are I will vote Zinto

Quote:
see you guys are making more work for me. ;-)

Quote:
Seriously, Danny and CF, are you guys required to follow each other?

Quote:
I'll stay here then, see if people want to move. I'll move to Zinto otherwise. now some owrk.

Quote:
Do you really have that impression, CF, that I like to vote last? Other than the other night? I don't consider that at all my MO.

Quote:
sorry autumn. Didn't mean to make that sound snotty. But yes, I have seen you do that in many games. *shrug*. It isn't necessarily a bad thing or bad strategy or whatever. And you aren't the only one that likes to do so. But yes you do it. Not all the time I guess but many times.

Quote:
I think Danny is the better choice as I have not been converted.

Quote:
Let's kill you both and let Abe sort you out.

Quote:
Certainly Zinto should, as it seems pretty much set that he's going down unless people start changing their minds (danny or CF change their mind? No way).

Did you guys actually answer me? CF are you required to follow Danny's voting for some reason?

Quote:
no movement

unvote J23
Vote Zinto

Quote:
Thomkal 6 - EagleFan (1241) Jackal (1398) MrBug (1402) Zinto (1372) mauboy (1407) dzilla (1431)
J23 3 - Autumn (1264) Danny (1442) CrimsonFox (1445)
EagleFan 1 - Narcizo (1271)
Zinto 7 - Commo_Soldier (1322) hoopsguy (1345) SnDvls (1351) dubb (1375) Grammaticus (1380) J23 (1401) Thomkal (1468)

Quote:
unvote J23
vote zinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What's the case against Z? or J23 for that matter?

Sorry, not much help here but so far Thomkal is the only one that I noticed with a post that pinged me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Choosing someone to die. Think about that. Ponder the implications. How do you choose someone to die? How do you choose a comrade, an acquaintance, a friend, a lover, a warrior? How do any of us have the right to kill another? Even if the source of death is the Cleansing Flame?

Today has brought many old questions to the surface. Surely, there has got to be a better way. Surely, someone, somewhere, has come up with a better plan. This cannot be the only path before you.

And yet, today, this is the option you have. One of you must step into the Flame. One of you must likely perish. That is the current way of things. Perhaps, some day, when the Red Death’s dominion over Earth is broken, perhaps then people will look at justice as something else entirely. But you don’t have that luxury. You are the people of your time.

Casting lots has determined that Zinto is to be tossed into the Flame. He steps up to walk in himself, under his own power. Then, suddenly, he begins to run, and you see him start to turn into a bat. But it is all to nothing, because the group of you know his type, and within seconds you’ve grabbed him and thrown him into the Cleansing Flame. You know what will happen next. His vampiric soul is borne to all, and you have confirmation that Zinto was a vampire. His once human nature was already gone.

It is days like today that remind you that you are on the right path. Never forget this victory. No matter what darkness you encounter and no matter what fear you feel, always embrace this moment. For it was the moment that you took down the leader of the Servants of the Red Death.

Day Three has ended. Night Three ends at 2:00 am

Quote:
Wow, nice call!

Quote:
Nice!

Quote:
I've got to go get some food. But you've got to think Zinto used the vote move ability today. And Iwonder what mesmerize does?

Jackal jumps to mind also, that late move looks like buying favor. Yes, it's the same as I did with NTN, in a way, but combined with what I consider Jackal's wish-washy behavior it didn't look good.

I think a careful examination of the vote history should tell us a lot though.

Quote:
Also, CF, you don't look good with your seeming hesitation to move to Zinto at the end.

Quote:
I'd assume if a villager was forced to move their vote, they'd come out with it now (unless that's not allowed of course).

Quote:
So following Danny's suggestion that he moved to Thomkal to see who would follow ...

danny votes thomkal 1387
cF unvotes mrbug 1389
cf votes thomkal
jackal unvotes mrbug 1398
jackal votes thomkal 1398
j23 unvotes mrbug 1401
j23 votes zinto 1401
mrbug votes thomkal 1402
zinto unvotes eaglefan 1405
zinto votes thomkal 1405
mauboy votes thomkal 1407
danny unvotes thomkal 1417

Here is that span of time. CF, Jackal, MrBug, Zinto, Mauboy. Quite a collection of folks there. Interestingly J23 bucks that trend and goes Zinto, making him look better to me.

Quote:

Quote:
Commo and Hoops both look good, a wolf probably just lets the one or two lone votes toil and helps set a different second candidate to Mr. Bug

Quote:
Zinto with a day 1 vote on J23 and day 2 late vote on Jackal. I dont think he places an early day 1 vote on a fellow wolf and never changes it. I also don't think he puts the Jackal vote on day 1 if Jackal is a wolf. Additionally, because both players got heat the first couple days, they are unlikely conversion targets. Along with their votes today, I feel very confident both J23 and Jackal are villagers.

Quote:
I don't see your logic on the jackal vote. It was a throwaway at the time he placed it, it looks like to me.

Quote:
Autumn, Zinto's Jackal vote made the vote 8-6, still fairly close. It only became 9-5 when Comm switched after.

Quote:
i felt good about j23 when the vote shifted day 1 from him to ntn mostly because of odds. I feel REALLY good about jackal. THe only way he could be a wolf is if the other wolves don't know he's a wolf.

Quote:
As I posted earlier today, I was fine with Zinto or Bug today. I'm fine with seeing how the other one looks tomorrow.

Quote:
Little evidence? Everyone of your votes is bad and it was clear you and Zinto avoided voting each other today. There is more evidence against you than any other player in the game.

Quote:
My ntn and Zinto votes were hunched. This once has a lot of evidence to support it with the way the vote went down today.

Quote:
Looks like an interesting night, glad we got a wolf. Will look more and post thoughts after survivor. As for Mr. Bug, I'm open for that vote, was hoping CF would give more of a reason last night as I would have moved onto him vs. the other candidates.

Quote:
Mr. Bug, you have to acknowledge that case against you, if you do turn out villager, oh well. It's still the right play to come after you.

Quote:
Still getting spooled up on what happened today, but now that I'm able to type instead of swype here was my reasoning for Zinto. Early vote day one then no change, no big deal, but interesting. Bigger problem, voting history day two, the move to Lathum when it is so close, so late and risk tying, I thought it was a move to possibly fish for another reveal. Just didn't seem on the up and up. As for the quotes above, I kind of am getting the same vibe on Hoops, haven't finished really looking into today yet, but not sure why you think good of him because he stuck an early vote on him and just left. Seems convenient, possibly didn't switch because it was a wolf-wolf as Thomakal I believe was a good candidate too. Just throwing thoughts out, possibly will change up after reading more.

Quote:
Dola, also not getting great feelings about Narc, granted he is away during lots of this, but three throwaway votes, including one on a known roled villager and another on a possibly roled villager. Not to mention his suggesting I not look much into yesterdays voting, which seemed very odd and led me to believe Zinto was not on the up and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
If the wolves don't buck up their ideas then this game is going to be shorter than you'd hope. Judging by his powers Zinto must have been an original wolf and we can be pretty certain that there was a conversion on night one, unless it was blocked. You'd also expect some sort of save to be attempted for Zinto if he was around as he had a bunch of powers. Kind of means that the NTN voters are back on the table but with a new set of Zinto voters off the table instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The crackle of magic can be felt in the air. It lingers like the aura of a rainstorm. Your senses tingle and your hair stands on end as someone used the eldritch forces of yore recently.

You move towards the scream, and find the room of the Abjurer. You move in,, and find that he successfully cast a spell on himself to protect from any corruption. Unfortunately, whatever came through that door wasn't interested in corruption. His body was rent into three pieces, with various bits consumed.

Danny has been killed.

Night has risen and Day arrived. Day Four ends at 10:00 pm EST Thursday.