View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #105
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It's one thing I think Scalia was very right about. There should be a lot more diversity on the SCOTUS - as the court consists of an overabundance of Harvard & Yale law school graduates, people from the coasts, and non-Protestants.
Is there actually anything to this, or is it just a weird quirk? I get why Jewish people would be over-represented in law schools, and why Hindu/Muslim/atheist candidates would face an extremely high bar to be nominated let alone confirmed, (and why Harvard/Yale grads have a leg up) but is there any reason why Protestants would be underrepresented at any step on the path?

(Obviously it's already exceedingly dumb to try to and make a 9 person group accurately reflect the demographics of a nation - as has been pointed out repeatedly, implying that Clarence Thomas and Thurgood Marshall are similar in any way beyond skin color is pretty insulting - but it'd be interesting if being a white, male, Protestant was actually hurting an individual's chances. Although I'd have to convinced pretty hard it's something other than weird dice rolls.)

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-16-2016 at 08:12 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote