View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
Radii
Head Coach

NBA2K10: Building the Bobcats

I'm trying to get back into the NBA IRL after about a decade away, and am loving the gameplay in the post-patch NBA 2K10, so I figure I'll give it a shot and see how Association mode plays out.

I have lots of questions about how this is going to work, and a bit of hesitance(is that a word? am I using it right?), but its not likely something that the OS Forums will magically answer for me in a day or two, I'm just going to have to dive into a dynasty and see if I like where it goes.

I'm not one for the roleplaying part of a dynasty universe, so lets just get straight into the technical details.

Platform: PS3
Roster Set: OS Real Sim Roster Vol 3 (the latest of what seems to be the top rated PS3 roster set, it appears to be based off Nogster's 360 roster info).
Slider Set: I'm using Pared's post patch sliders on pro difficulty. My next post will contain the slider set. If I make any further tweaks I intend to keep that post updated.

Draft Classes: CPU Generated. I looked over a few different draft class sets on 2K Share and am not really impressed, plus there's an age bug after the patch that I don't want to deal with in draft classes created pre-patch. If the game is good, and if it generates and progresses players well, it doesn't have to be John Wall coming in next year, I'll get immersed in the careers of John Doe just as easily.

Other Noteworthy Rules:

Trade Override ON

CPU Trading is on. I'll be monitoring this closely, though if the CPU Trade logic is so bad that this becomes a big issue that'll likely be a showstopper.

I intend to ignore practice and either ignore, or limit, development drills. All of this is subject to change at any time, but if I fundamentally change anything about how I play I will always make sure to note that.

With that, I'll be taking over my local franchise, the Charlotte Bobcats. I have no outside loyalty to the Bobcats. I'm not really a fan of any NBA team. I'm currently following Denver closer than anyone, entirely because of Ty Lawson. But Charlotte is bad and local, so its a solid appropriate choice for a dynasty such as this.

Last edited by Radii : 11-23-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote