Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 12:31 AM   #40
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of July-

There is a title on the line this week. The Flyweight title is on the line as the Champion Gerardo Ramirez puts his title on the line against Hideki Nishizawa. Nishizawa is coming off of a 10 round unanimous decision over Jimmy Wilde, and is ranked #5 in the world.

Ramirez sports a 23-0-0 (12) record, while Nishizawa is 20-0-0 (10). This is one of the most anticipated title fights of the year. Both fighters are great defensively, have great fortitude, chins and punching accuracy. Ramirez is a bit stronger, but both of the men are evenly matched.

Ramirez is favored to retain his title as the odds are ½ that he will win. The odds on Nishizawa are 13/8. Personally I think that it could go either way. All things being equal, Ramirez has to have the edge based on his power and that Nishizawa won’t stand the beating as well. Some think him to be not quite up to standard. Of course, Jimmy Wilde would disagree.

My fighters are in training or recovering. There is no real news to report there.

I decided that it was time to look at another fight for Omar. There is a balance to be maintained when picking an opponent. I need to find a fighter that he will match up well against as well as someone who is quality enough that it will provide a nice payout from the match. Joe Schmo may be an easy win, but he won’t pay either.

I see that Marcos Solano has had 2 fights since his match with Omar. I know it was a tough match, but I believe that Omar is the better fighter. Solano has won one and drawn the other so his record is 1-1-1(0). The fight will pay well. I call his manager up and suggest a fight for the first week in October. That should give both fighters time to recover from their rescent matches and to train. They like the idea of a rematch and the fight is booked.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote