View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #21
hoopsguy
General Manager

Redshirts - I struggle with the decision on players who are future impact guys that aren't good enough to start. We will have that issue at WR this year.

I put WR Mike Voight as a redshirt. He would be sixth in line this year as a 2.5/5.0 recruit. But should I also redshirt Nate Brooking (3.0/4.5) and Cliff Bynum (3.0/5.0) if they aren't going to see the ball much as 4th and 5th options? We have four receiver sets in our West Coast package, but I'm probably going to see if I can get away with two redshirts this year at WR. However, all of the guys ahead of them this year will be back again next season. So I don't see a way to avoid a transfer ...

We also redshirt OT Anthony Archie (1.5/4.5). Same issue, though. There are four guys ahead of him who are in his class.

ILB - we keep B. Arthur on the active roster. Running a 3-4 means he should get some time as the 4th ILB option.

We end up redshirting 8 players total. Since half of our roster is listed as freshmen we need to restore some kind of class balance.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote