View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #207
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The thing is that most Pug wipes aren't the same wipes that a guild run gets - they're wipes because someone doesn't know what they are doing. Also, if you're lucky enough NOT to lose half your raid after the wipe, the 15 minute downtime while everyone figures out how to get back to where the boss is quickly loses you those that barely stayed anyways.

Sure, organized guilds wipe - on progression content. The reason I finally formed my own guild was because I was tired of wiping on bosses that should have been farm content, I was tired of wipe recovery taking ten minutes, and I was tired of having to explain every single nuance of a complex boss fight every time we pulled the boss. What was nice was that I had been playing on the same server long enough that I was able to surround myself with people who were able to take things seriously enough that I didn't have to be a dick about discipline, yet relaxed enough that our raids weren't boring as hell.

Turned out that running a guild was as much about juggling egos as it was about boss strategy and raid organization, if not moreso.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote