View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #213
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Infact in most serious guilds you are expected to know the boss fights you haven't even seen yet inside and out before you see it for the first time. I don't see why that expectation should just disappear when you opt to join a pug.

EDIT--Yes I do get annoyed when I start a pug and someone doesn't know the fights. I don't give a crap if you've done it before or not, if you are going to invest 4 hours(or 8 hours atleast if you come unprepared) into a raid you could atleast invest 2 hours watching videos and reading boss strat. If you aren't willing to watch the videos and read the strat then you have no business being in that raid since most raid bosses have 1 mechanic that if it isn't done will kill you and most likely at the very least someone else in the raid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I will just never understand this. I get your concerns about the time commitment, but I just don't see the fun in a game if you know everything you are supposed to do, and frankly, I find it really odd that someone would not only spend all that time watching online how to do something, but that they would be expected to.

It is a game, that is just way to obsessive for me. I sign on, I play, I sign off.

you guys realize that you are talking about 2 entirely different concepts...Dubb, you are talking about 10/25/40 mans...the people running that content are already capped and should know how to play their toons, run their rotations, and unless they are with a guild run that has been set up for the purpose of helping you learn the fights and get you gear, there is a reasonable expectation that they did some homework before coming in. (i thought a couple guys in my last naxx 10 were going to have strokes because one guy didnt know to switch sides when the polarity shift happened on the construct quarter boss....i had never been there before either, but HAD looked up how to do the fights so i didnt get killed in 5 seconds)

lathum is talking about running 5 mans..his highest toon is still in the 60s and hasnt even gotten all of the skills/spells that he will eventually have, and he hasnt seen alot of the content that requires more than tank n' spank strategy....there is still a learning curve, but alot of people dont remember that they were new once, and expect everyone to instinctively know that on the last boss in nexus, you have to keep jumping up and down....if youve never been there, you dont know that...lathums point is that instead of someone saying, before the fight starts, "Does everyone know this fight", or "remember to keep jumping so the frost doesnt stack on you", there are a shitton more people that will /p WHAT ARE YOU DOING IDIOT!!!!1!11!!

there is alot of leetism in WoW...alot of people assume that if you are on a toon that isnt an 80, it has to be an alt, because they have 3 or 4 80s and they ARE on an alt...causal players like lathum and a couple other friends of ours who are 77's and have never done a WotLK instance would take a raft of shit in pugs, but that doesnt mean they arent good players...just that they play the game differently, and for differernt reasons...IMO, that doenst mean they should have to be subjected to nerdrage from some 14yo kid because they are trying to see more of the game. (edit to add: not meant to infer that dubb is a 14yo with nerdrage...just used that example because Lathum and I actually had some kid who begged us to take him on our run start yelling at a friend of ours in RFK who was a level 23 warrior on his first toon for being in the wrong stance to DPS)

Last edited by saldana : 12-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote