View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #411
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

These guys are trained to immediately engage, i bet the video is absolutely awful to watch.

Are they really though ? Also, say this happens anywhere else (say a bank): would any lone police officer be expected to charge towards or would protocoll demand he wait for backup ?

Sounds like a convenient scapegoat in line with the current (and very american) rhetoric of “more guns and harder, tougher, badder people standing their ground“ being the solution that is forming from up high, starting with Trump and advocated for loudly by the NRA. I mean, at least no one yet came out saying the kids could have prevented it if they were less soft or sth ...

It's pretty out there to expect anyone to engage here and acting like that is the Job they get paid for ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-22-2018 at 09:04 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote