View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

And, what a shock, Alan splurged on CL Luis Villanueva, one of my favorite former Hooligan relievers. This is not a shock--Alan always loved him some good pen help. I no longer much believe in spending big money like that on relievers, but, hey, Alan's the champ, who the heck am I?

I had to think about that one for a little bit. Wasn't sure if I wanted to let him pitch out his final season here next year and walk to try to either re-sign him cheaper or get compensation for him or just keep him.

I decided since last season I only had 5 pitchers worth anything at all, the rest were pretty much a step above mouth-breathers, that I really couldn't let it get any thinner. I don't really see this offseason improving my horrible bullpen any at all, so am going to stick to the hope of my starter making it deep enough in games to make it to the setup man and closer, and not rely on the bullpen much otherwise. We will see how that goes!

I also historically have had about the worst luck of any manager in FOOL with draft picks. I just never have drafted well, never have done well with that part of the game. It is a big reason why I never have relied on the draft to build my team and why I have absolutely never gone into a rebuild mode ever with a team. So letting him go for compensation seemed pretty poor for me as an option too.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote