View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 06:20 PM   #34
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
a fun (not) kid moment from today...

we have a cat that we are donating to the humane society (the short of the story is she's been peeing in the house). it was my job this morning to find the cat and get her in the crate and my wife was going to come home to get the cat and take her away.

this all happened RIGHT after the clusterfuck of the Brazilian Volleyball thread that was getting me a tad bit riled up. Graham and I went off to find the kitty. found the cat, who immediately used her magic kitty ESP to know that something was up, and bolted. I managed to get her cornered in the kitchen, but she started to let out this insanely loud screech-howl thing that was very disturbing...so disturbing, that Graham started to cry. now distracted, the cat got away. I went to console Graham, but there was no calming him down - he was majorly scared. but, he still wanted to go find the kitty.

well, I needed to call my wife to see if she could come home and help. unfortunately, everytime I dialed her number, he started to cry more. then he would calm down, and I'd pick up the phone and he'd cry again. wasn't that big of a deal, but there was a time crunch - Christine had to take the cat at a certain time, and Graham and I had to leave soon to go downtown for Toddler Two Time at the local library. finally get him calmed down enough to call my wife and leave a message for her. it's time to leave, but I still need to get the damn cat...

I go out to the family room to start packing stuff up...and noticed that one of our fish in the fishtank had died. wouldn't have been that big of a deal except that the other fish were eating it...and I didn't want that. so, I scooped out the dead fish, which Graham though was really neat...until I disappeared into the bathroom with it. He was frantic to get in to see wheret he fish had gone (*flush*) and so now was crying again. then he wanted to get the net and get more fish out. meanwhile, we still need to leave, and I haven't yet been able to corral this howling cat...

in the end, it all worked out (Christine came home and used HER special cat corraling powers - it took her about 30 seconds) and she drove us to the library. but, kind of hectic to do stuff with a screaming child babbling incoherently in your ear.

That's just too funny.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote