View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 07:38 PM   #44
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
I have a 6 (almost 7) year old boy, and although he has had his moments of anger and temper tantrums - they have never been to that extent. And behaving that badly and throwing that kind of a temper tantrum hardly ever happens. I believe in the "boys will be boys" thing - but only to a point. If he is having trouble joining other kids and playing/making friends because of his actions, I definitely think you should consider taking the next step. I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with a child like that...only a parent could understand being so in love with your child, and so completely fed up with him all at the same time. Good Luck!

He just seems to have more rage than the other kids.

I was a really easy-going kid growing up. I mean, I would actually analyze as a young child the cause and effect of things. If it wasn't worth the consequences, it wasn't worth doing. My son has no concept of consequences because everything is in real-time for him - immediate gratification or nothing. He is just incapable of putting aside his own needs for something later or someone else.

Thanks for the well wishes
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote