View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 10:42 PM   #47
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
But wow, this is scaring me from parenting. How do you guys have the energy?

We've got two kids (one is two and half years and the other is ten months), and my favorite time of the week is the time I spend with my kids. Weekends can be tiring, sure, and it gets frustrating when they have rough days, but the happiness outweighs everything else by a ten to one margin. There are moments of overwhelming joy that are so powerful that they almost hurt. And it just keeps getting better. They can talk more, understand and generate more complicated humor, interact more with the environment, and just plain do more each week. They consistently crack me up. Although it was exhausting adjusting to one and then two kids, it's getting to the point where more and more often I find I get energy from my kids. Having kids is by far the best thing I have ever done. I think the majority of parents will say the same thing. They've taught me I'm capable of giving more love than I ever thought I had inside me.

Even though Craig has had a rough time, I would think if he stays on top of things, doesn't label his son, continues to believe in him and love him, everything will turn out well in the long run, and things can change overnight with kids.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote