View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
What exactly is a "vassal" in this game?

It's an independant country that is a part of your umbrella, sphere of influence so to speak. They pay you have of their monthly income, but none of their annual income. You can ask a country with who is your vassal to be annexed by your country and it requires a virtually maximized relationship and ten years as your vassal.

There are three ways you can have a vassal.

1) Release a part of your country which has an independant streak. This is determined by what the developers consider an independant streak to be, but virtually every European province counts. You release them as a vassal with the same religion as you and maxed relations. In my case, Switzerland has been annexed by Venice and thus I was able to relese Bern, one half of Switzerland, as a new Switzerland as my vassal

2) Get a vassalization diplomatically. This requires a royal marriage (which means they have to be able to do royal marriages. Some European countries are not monarchies - like Venice, Ragusa, Genoa, Tuscany, etc. Also, while Christians can always intermarry, as can muslims from Sunni to Shiite, there's no intermarrying across religions - I'd have to check to see what Hindu, Confuciousism, and Buddhism rules are.) and an alliance and virtually maxed relations. You also typically need to be bigger and better than that country.

3). Vassalize in war. You can vassalize anybody in war, regardless of religion or government type. This was the most common form in the Middle Ages. Many countries were vassals of other countires (Granada of Castille, Wallachia of the Ottomans, etc)

Hope that helps!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote