View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Rockets have the 3rd ranked offense, 22nd ranked defense, and 8th ranked roster overall. Their starting 5: PG Isaiah Canaan, SG James Harden, SF Trevor Ariza, PF Terrence Jones, and C Dwight Howard.

Embiid gets Howard into foul trouble early with a nice up and under attempt. Howard sits with 9 minutes to go in the quarter. We are down 5-4.

We are tied at 26 after 1.

We built a 34-26 lead but Howard came back in and Embiid was resting and Howard got 4 quick points on offensive putbacks and then they pounded it down low. 34-34 before I know it.

Back and forth quarter with us taking a 51-49 lead into halftime.

Ellis and Augmon lead us with 11 points. Noel with 10 boards at the half.

Harden with 9 and Howard with 8 points to lead the Rockets.

Harden with a run gets them a 6 point lead but MCW with a steal and dunk ignites our own run. We tie it up. We go into the end of 3 tied at 74.

Down the stretch, Howard kills us on the offensive boards. They build a 7 point lead, but we keep chipping away. With 12 seconds left Embiid makes a nice move in the post to get the basket and the foul. Down 97-96... and he misses the FT.

We intentionally foul Harden who only hits 1 of 2.

Ellis has been cold but he is our #1 option and we get him a shot.. he misses... and Embiid with a putback dunk! Tied at 98 with 1 second left!

Harden misses a buzzer beater and we are going to OT.

Augmon with a few big baskets as we trade baskets back and forth. Tied at 108 when Noel misses a post shot.

1 second left as Harden drives into the lane and kicks it out to Canaan for an open 16 footer which he swishes.

Ellis with a buzzer beater.... and it is long.

We lose 110-108 in OT.

Harden with 22 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

Ariza was the player of the game with 22 points, 9 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and he played great defense all game.

Howard with 19 points, 14 boards, and 2 blocks.

Jones with 14 points and 12 boards.

Canaan with 7 points and 7 assists.

Augmon led us with 23 points, 4 boards and 4 assists. He shot 9 of 16.

Ellis with 20 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 8 of 25.

Noel with 18 points, 16 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 13.

Embiid with 16 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks.

Theus with 10 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists in only 15 minutes.

MCW with 9 points, 2 boards, and 14 assists.

Deng with 6 points in 13 minutes.

Rodgers with 5 boards in 13 minutes.

Watson with 4 assists in 18 minutes.

Nov 4th:

We host the Heat and we are the consensus pick to win.

Before the game, the Lakers call me trying to get me to trade Embiid for Jordan Hill and the 1st round pick of the Jazz that they own. I turn them down.

Our defense dominates the Heat and we win 85-78.

Ellis led the team with 21 points.

MCW with 11 points, 7 boards, and 7 assists.

Theus with 9 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block.

We are now 4-1 and the Fans are fully on board. They are buying tickets at a sell-out pace.

Nov 6th -

We host the Bulls and we are predicted to win...

I should mention we hired a new coach this year who is a good defensive mind, Michael Goodrich.

The Bulls gave us trouble and jumped to 1st half lead, but our defense clamped down in the 2nd half and we eeked out a 87-85 win.

MCW led the team with 13 points, 10 assists, 5 boards, and 2 steals.

Deng, Theus, and Ellis each had 11 points. Noel and Rodgers with 10 points each.

Augmon shot 1 of 12 and appears to be in a cold funk.

November 8th -

We are now 5-1 as we travel to face the Raptors who are 4-2. The media likes us to win.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote