View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #668
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

They might have swapped the free breakfast in order to get some sort of rebate on lunch and dinner in our case. It's not that big a deal to give him enough to eat breakfast for 2-3 days as he can go on days on end simply eating 5-6 mini croissants for breakfast with a yogurt. A whole bag will last him way more than 2-3 days

And if you travel to attend an out of town meet, do your kids stay with you in your room or with other swimmers in a block reserved for the club?

For us, the whole team stays together. We usually get a chance to talk with him at some point over the weekend, and we've got him a cheap cell phone (Samsung S3) so he can text/call us if he needs anything, but otherwise, he stays with his buddies.

As for time, I realized it would be even easier to point you to the online results, duh.

These are the results for all the swimmers in his club, with many clickable lin throughout the page:
Swimrankings, Switzerland

I have also attached a screenshot of his own section of results so you can find him by last name too Columns are: event, final/elimination, medal is any, placement in race, FINA points (I think), type of course (25m SC in our case), entry time, a % of improvement by a funky formula explained at the bottom of the page, and finally date entry time was achieved.

As you can see, these were all pretty nice drops, on times that had been done if not at the very end of the season, then not a very long time ago. Remember when comparing that all our short course swims are done in a 25m pool.

Finally, going through the aforementioned clickable links, I just realized that his 100 fly time is the 2nd best in the province this season among 11yo kids, and the 17th best time in Canada so far this season, again among 11 yo. Yeah, I know the season is REALLY young but still, this makes me extremely proud!

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-11-05 14-52-30.jpg (57.0 KB, 50 views)