View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #678
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Hey, Matthew had his second meet of the season this past weekend and what a meet he gave us!!! He was entered in 7 events (50, 100, 200m free, 100 breast, 50 & 100 fly, 200 IM) over three days. Friday was in the evening while both Saturday were preliminaries in the morning with finals in the evening. Once it was all said and done, he's come out of it with two silver medals (50 and 100m fly) and 7 time improvements, 5 of those coming on events he had already improved on just last month. We are beyond ecstatic with these results to be honest.

His 50 fly medal happened on Saturday evening and that was already quite something. Then he swam his 100 fly preliminary yesterday morning and I wasn't there to see as our oldest son played hockey at the same time. My wife texted me something like "1:24, his best was 1:21 but he still should be in the final as there were only 10 entries in the 11-12 age group". I texted back something about it being pretty much his only "bad" performance of the weekend and she said she didn't know what went wrong as she was filming. Finaly, turned out the timing didn't register correctly, they went to manual timing and his time was adjusted to 1:22.15, the 2nd best of his age group. The best had a preliminary time of 1:19 or so, a solid three seconds better than Matthew.

Fast forward to the evening's finals. Matthew shot out like a freaking bullet and led by one full second after the first 50. The other kid would eventually pass him before the turn for the last 25m and Matthew finished second in a time of 1:18.63, an amazing 3 seconds improvement over the already great time he posted just a month ago. The wife and I were just shocked. That time is a AAA provincial standard time, his first.

Kid is happy, coach is happy, parents are happy. A great weekend overall.

Here's a link to the meet's results if you wanna take a look:
Invitation provinciale A-AA-AAA (NSH) - SPLASH Meet Manager 11

FM