Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #277
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My thanks to you all.

It'll sound crazy, and at the same time not crazy, but I'd felt kind of ... guilty almost ... keeping this to myself here.

I mean, y'all been around since before the kid was born. You've been through birth, the first cancer asskicking, me trying to survive coaching rec baseball. I been here so long that Delphi forums were still a thing for cryin' out loud.

I may be your least favorite crazy uncle (and y'aint all exactly my favorite nephews and nieces some days) ... but you've still been here long enough to deserve the truth.

In the likely absence of any updates on the topic for a bit, please assume that it's cause there just ain't anything to update. Hurry up and wait has been the norm thus far, and will likely be the norm for a while longer.

There's a sense of urgency to be sure -- the word aggressive was used more than once today, describing both the cancer behavior AND the treatment plans but it takes a while to move a large ship and Emory is one big ass ship.