View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC completely destroyed Washington State on the scoreboard, but they moved the ball very well against us with over 700 passing yards! It was an offensive showcase with USC having almost 1100 yards of offense!!

We played our backups the entire 4th quarter but kept scoring at a breakneck pace.

Some highlights of the stats:

Both starter Rob Bell and backup QB Walter Spencer rushed for over 100 yards. Between them, they rushed for 308 yards and 2 TD's.

Bell had 8 passing TD's and 2 Int's, his arm is so strong that I tried to force it into bad windows. HE had over 500 yards passing.

Spender had 163 yards passing and 3 TD's in his 4th quarter action.

We had 13 different receivers catch a ball including our starting FS who played WR in the 4th quarter when I went to 2nd string.

Jordan Burks, our starting FS, caught 1 pass for a 63 yard TD!

3rd string QB James Johnson also had a catch for 21 yards.

We had 3 receivers with over 100 yards including true freshman phenom TE Mike Harris. Harris also had 3 TD's to tie star WR Brandon Rust.

JR DE Larry Fuller led our team with 4 sacks and a fumble recovery.

Terrible defensive game in many respects which concerns me... but wow, this offense almost makes me wish I had started Bell last year. He throws a better deep ball than Gilmore ever did.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote