View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #348
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The way you write that makes it sound like the exchange took 10 seconds. It's a bit of a stretch to say he "ran into him as he made an effort to get a shot off". It was a loose-ball grazing.

And that "foul" is called all the time in basketball, so I don't think it was a bad call (probably shouldn't have been a shooting foul though), but that kind of "foul" is one of the things that makes basketball occasionally so irritating to watch.

I don't know that the officials called it a shooting foul. Kansas was in the double bonus so it would have been two shots no matter what kind of foul. My thoughts on the game were that it was just a poorly officiated game on both ends of the floor. Honeycutt was the best player on the floor by far and Smith was a load down low. If they can get Smith's endurance up he could be a very good player for Howland. Though looking at Smith's previous numbers it seems he has a penchant for fouling. It will be interesting to see how UCLA fares in the Pac 10 this year. They should be one of the better teams, but I would have thought that the last couple of years as well with Howland's recruiting.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote