View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
Murph
n00b

For me, I just started playing FOF not too long ago. I'm new to it. I like the idea. I don't like the way it's implemented. Specifically on the defensive side of the ball. It's like there is no REAL knowledge of defense and defensive philosophy, and also no real knowledge of how to call plays defensively. Finally, after testing a lot, it's weird to me that the top CBs get beat 75%+ of the time in this game, no matter how good the receiver is. THIS is what got me thinking about this.

I play DDS Pro Football. I like the implementation there a little better. But, the community as a whole, doesn't want to use the playcalling setup. I understand it can be a lot of work, but to me, that's the fun of a football sim. To match wits with your opponent.

Finally, I've played Goal Line Blitz since season 1 (it's season 87 now). It didn't have the playcalling it has now. I'm one of the top DCs in the game, and I like to think it's because of the play creation and play calling system. To me, while this game is unrealistic in many ways because of the meta game response to the game, and the lack of changes for 45+ seasons, the play creation and play calling system are wide open. You can create your own down and distance calls, or you can create calls specifically for certain personnel groups. It is open only to your own ideas. To me, THAT is what strategy is all about, and that truly what I want in a game.

I've played other games also, but there isn't much to say about them. Every game has a little something of interest. I wish all these creators would take some time to play other games, see what they are doing, and add on. I also wish players in some games weren't lazy or whatever and actually use the features a game has to offer. The creators put a lot of thought, time, and effort into creating them...

In the end, I want as much strategy in the game as possible. The more strategy options I have, the more I'll enjoy the game.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote