View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #529
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Going a bit off topic here, but i must admit i have been curious and checked on google satellite view your routes and cities in general.

I have been in USA a few times already, but always same cities, SF, Phoenix and Miami and it's fun to see how different are organized the building areas and cities, specially on the satellite views.

I love how Chris's and Alan's living areas looks like for example, like a big forest, totally green from above, way different than the brown colored Arizona like middle of Spain where i live.

Hah, I do something similar at times. I like going into the strava run and using the little google earth view within Strava to see some of the paths people do. I especially like the ones that are not necessarily in cities, and really like looking at the ones people do with Hills.

I really enjoyed looking at some of the scenery in Northwood_DK's runs.. if you haven't checked out that countryside yet, it is very pretty. I was sad that the mountain runs that Ben did had no google earth view for me to check out though. I imagine those were really nice views.

For my runs, I like just exploring my town, taking different paths and such for the scenery, so I guess it is logical that I enjoy the same thing in other people's runs.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote