View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
and the only losers were the poor fans who are sadly deluded if they think they endured eleven hours of history.

Umm, arrogant much? I'm not even a tennis fan but that became more interesting, more compelling viewing than 95% of sporting events as far as I'm concerned.

How does that make me "deluded"? Because I'd put this one early round match miles ahead of watching thugs in the NBA? Or the artificial parity of the NFL? Or in watching golf virtually at all? Or at this point, even the largely unlikable and/or uninteresting cast of NASCAR? But yet somehow I was interested in this particular spectacle, despite the presence of two participants with connections (a Frenchman & a UGA Dawg, hell of a choice for me) I'm inclined to root against. That says something about the appeal of what took place.

You can have different taste in what's "entertaining" & I'd largely shrug. You could find the storyline uninteresting, or simply not like the aesthetics of modern tennis. But for you to deny the historical aspect of what took place over three days makes you sound like an idiot, specifically one that is too damned arrogant for their own fucking good.