View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 07:50 PM   #1323
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Year 101 Rankings, My Stable

274. Sushant Srivastava (24, SRI, 94%, 6.83, +0.29

Srivastava has been competitive with the best futures players in practice recently; it feels like he's about ready to take the next step and it probably won't be long before I start sending him out to FT1 events. Another two years roughly until he reaches his peak. I expect him to make the jump to Challengers sometime roughly the second half of this season.

607. Manoj Datar (33, SRI, 72%, 6.47, -0.04)

Datar has recently reached a threshold where he's just not competitive in futures anymore, and the ranking has plummeted. On the trainer side, he stands at 4.12 and is on a 2-year plan of his own. By that time, he should be about ready to become a trainer at the 4.5 level, and it's also roughly when I expect he'll be needed.

942. Aparna Chandrasekharan (20, SRI, 99%, 5.95, +0.98)

Now at his physical peak and fresh out of the amateur ranks, Chandrasekharan has a clear goal for this year; establish himself as a futures player. The first couple of tournaments haven't gone well, losing his first match in both disciplines. He might well have to see-saw back and forth, going back to the amateur level temporarily if he loses some points.

96 (J). Girish Raychaudhari (15, SRI, 71%, 3.45, +1.22)

Raychaudhari finished off last year with his first JG4 title, and he'll be looking to add some more of those for at least the first half of this year. I'm satisfied with his progress so far; three junior seasons remain.

Once Datar becomes a trainer, then I'll look to the future and perhaps start planning when to bring in a new player. Until then, all we can do is keep improving and try to be as ready as possible for whenever the WTC door swings open again.

Manager Ranking

Up 24 spots to 82nd, and up about 1150 points to 1611.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-11-2022 at 07:51 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote