View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 10:34 AM   #433
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
So why take out Brit? I've just realised that this is an occasion where the time stamps are actually pertinent and it's the one time I've missed them. Sorry about that.

1) Night deadline is the same time as day deadline. I forgot this because it never effects me but it's very important in this case.
2) Brit was leading the vote until 1 minute before lynch. He had been leading from #287 (21:19), when cheeki switched from Eagle to him. He was very much in the reckoning from 260 (20:48) when Autumn moved from Cheeki to him. In fact Brit was a strong candidate in the race from the me-and-Path double-whammy at #192/193, hours before.

So the wolves feel the need to take out one of the leading vote-getters and someone who looked like they were going to be lynched until last minute shenanigans - and I would argue that the kill order can't have been influenced by the last minute change as it seems doubtful they would have time to react to it and change their order appropriately.

Don't actually know what to make of that information. But I have to go for a bit now so I'll have a think about it.

Great post.

Even more at issue is that even if Zinto allowed the wolves to make conditionals based on the lynch results, he wouldn't have told them what happens in a tie. Just how many conditionals would have had to be sent in this situation?

No, I think brit was targeted for a kill earlier than the deadline. That said, it seems clear the wolves wanted to take out a leading vote getter, since brit was high on the block most of the day. Doing so seems to be nonsensical. My only thought is that they might have gotten a seer read off of him and decided that was more important. And that would mean EF is not a wolf because they would not leave a wolf EF as the one surviving candidate with two villagers in a three-man lynch vote (at least not to kill a possible seer on a whim--they would have held off and killed brit the next night).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote