View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #314
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ok, guys. I need you to put on your tin foil hats for a minute....

Do you think it is entirely possible that AB never really had intention to play for the Raiders? How else could you explain that contract? He got $0 dollars at signing, $0 through the off season, and still had not gotten a dime before the first game. This was a contract that Drew Rosenhaus negotiated? No really guaranteed money for this long? An easy out for the team if they chose to cut him? Does it smell like bullshit in here?

They couldn't get the Pats (or team he was really interested in going to) to give up enough draft picks to trade for him to start, so they instead agree to a trade to the Raiders. Then, project "how much do I need to do to get cut without getting suspended by the league)" began. Signing a contract with an easy out for the Raiders was first. Then began the clown show. Not showing up training for craziness. Not wanting to wear a new helmet. This reason, that reason. As a final straw, going after the GM.

I think they may started wondering how far they were going to have to go. In then end, I think he got just what he wanted all along.

Thought this was a bit of a stretch when first posted. However....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Let me ammend a little. The Patriots are reported to have offered the Steelers a first round draft pick, but the Steelers blocked any trade to them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Didn't know NE had offered a #1 until hearing it on espn or nfl network this morning. AB and his agent both obviously know this and makes your above speculation seem not so tin hat after all. If nothing else, the whole time, they know NE is always on the back burner.

It would be almost impossible to prove but it would only take one phone call from NE to AB's camp to say, "hey if it falls apart we're here"....
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote