View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #315
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I’m not really salty about the patriots thing. But I am slightly annoyed at how there are no consequences for such horrible behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I'd say it's more like a problem child player, that played for a top franchise talked his way out of town over money. You can argue he was right and deserved more, that's fine, no argument other than being a behavior risk at all times.

Got the trade he wanted to a team that was paying him the money he wanted. All is cool right? Well not so much as it's a rebuilding team, never mind they were pretty much tonguing his asshole as much as they could. So he pisses on the team because, for all that money, they expect him to show up for work? Wow, really, that's not fair! Now since they're being so unfair he asks for his release.

Now he joins the 73 win team.

I'm with stevew, annoyed there's no consequences.

My only hope is that he can't help being himself (it would be fun to see him get in Brady's face on the sidelines some time) and Belichick puts a stop to it.

He did have consequences. The Raiders fired him without pay, right? If he does not show up for work, bitches about his helmet, or curses out the GM with the Patriots, the Patriots will fire him too.

I guess what I don't understand is the perception that the Patriots should have some sort of solidarity with the Raiders (and to a lesser extent the Steelers) over Brown's behavior with those teams. They don't care and the funny thing is they seemed to have fooled people into believing they should/do care.

Time will tell if the Brown signing is a good or bad one for the Patriots. One thing I don't think any of us believe is that he is going to be the "distraction" that he was on the Steelers and the Raiders. Is it because he will be a completely changed human being? Maybe. I suspect it will be because the Patriots will enforce the things that matter to them and not make a big deal out of the other stuff.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote