View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 06:03 PM   #32
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Roster Details

Here's where I'll put everything you need to know about your players, organized by coach.

Fetscher is our first youth pull, which will always come at the beginning of each transfer window. The rest are the guys we started with. Then the rest of the information, by coach. Here's an example:

G Komolong
Interest: Average
Attribute Focus: Defense
Training: Reaction(11m 9d, 114)
SL: GK(57/120), GK(forced)
Playing Time: Starter

The screenshots give age, attributes, birthdate, remaining contract, and value. Then this stuff here, to avoid putting a whole bunch more screens up, is:

** Interest from other clubs in buying the player. That'll let you know if they are at peak selling price or not, so you can gauge the actual value better.
** Attribute Focus so you can change what attribute is being focused on for level-ups.
** Training -- this gives whatever skill is being trained, how much time is left, and the last number there is the glory required to 'buy' it sooner.
** SL -- Specialization Level progress. I'm not going to put tiny random bits in there if somebody has 2 points of AM and they never play there or whatever, but their primary position and any others they have a significant amount in will be shown. Also, what the next SL upgrade is going to be. In this case there isn't a choice in the matter, but there will be soon.
** Playing Time -- This one needs explanation because it's not actually a game setting. Rather, it's a selection from a series of player 'roles' that I've come up with based on how we might want to use players, so I know who to play and how much.

Playing Time Roles

** Starter -- Plays any time we need to put our best foot forward.
** Rotation -- A position where multiple players may start, depending on what the best tactical situation is for matching up with the opponent.
** Emergency Backup -- A sub that we aren't trying to get more playing time in order to develop; he's just here to provide quality if a starter is injured, tired, suspended, etc. Most often a veteran player where the starter is better, but it might also just be a younger one being kept around in case of need.
** Regular Backup -- Unlike the Emergency Backup they'll be in the mix for regular playing time more often. Most common version of this is probably someone who is younger and not as good as the starter, being groomed for the future but not ready to be the man yet.
** Prospect -- A player who isn't good enough to contribute yet, but is young enough that there's the potential for that to happen. Prospects will play in garbage-time, blowout situations, or other cases when the result doesn't particularly matter(i.e., we've confirmed our place in the league table this season and we're just trying to develop players for the next year).
** Showcase -- A player we want to sell, but it's worth investing playing time in them enough to get interest maxed out. They'll play just enough to reach High Interest(or medium if you specify).
** Dead Weight -- We're waiting for the right time to sell this player. If there are any other options, they aren't going to see the pitch during a game. It's not worth taking playing time away from others to get their price up, we don't have any use for them and just want them gone.

By using these(any suggestions on them are welcomed, I'm hoping every possibility is covered here) it should be doable to have a relatively quick-n-dirty way to give instructions on how much to play various guys.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote