View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #972
Radii
Head Coach

We play on Saturday, Georgia Tech doesn't play til Sunday, so I don't know who my opponent will be until I sim ahead a day. Of course I expect to see Georgia Tech, I firmly believe they are the best team I have ever played in this game. I don't really know anything about Vanderbilt, and they have been #1 for awhile, but I don't think it can be much of a stretch to claim that Georgia Tech and Florida State are the two best teams in the nation. Now, to sim ahead and see if we get them again in the final four:

Elite Eight Results

1. Vanderbilt 79
3. Oregon State 65

3. Oklahoma State 84
5. Maryland 82

2. Oregon 80
1. Georgia Tech 64

1. Florida State 79
3. Ole Miss 64

Final Four Pairings

1. Vanderbilt
3. Oklahoma State

2. Oregon
1. Florida State

Georgia Tech goes down!!! While a 4th meeting with them could have been epic, I really don't think we could beat them. Heh wow, Oregon looks pretty damn good temselves! Like Georgia Tech, one of their roster strength numbers, Shooting, is a perfect 100. Thankfully there's no 100 rebounding though.

The first thing i see when I look at Oregon is a 90 rated PG. We played the likely 1st team All American shooting guard in the elite eight, and we're probably seeing the 1st team point guard in the final four, PG Stephen See averages 22 points/game, 4 boards and over 4 assists. Their starters at PG/SG/SF are rated 88/90/91 from 3 point range. Four of their five starters are rated 87+.

They clearly are not a size team though. They start a 6'8" PF at center and they appear to start a 6'7" SF at the 4 spot. The center is rated 87 OVR and is a monster inside, but anyone else they can put in the post has serious deficiencies.

They have tons of guards, their top 11 players are all rated 81 OVR or better. Literally everyone on their roster but the PF can shoot the 3, and I mean well. I think their worst shooter on their entire roster, outside of that one big, is rated 77 from 3.

Their defenders look ok, but not great. I expect a game similar to that which we usually play against Georgia Tech. Lots of scoring, i wouldn't be surprised to see both teams shoot well over 60% for long stretches. The big difference is that we have the size and the rebounding.

Now that we've made the final four, I'm guaranteed 3 coaching points... 1 seed, final four, and having a player drafted. Obviously now that we are in the final four anything is possible!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote