View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #407
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I want to sign QB Damien Hoffman to a flat-ish long term contract that won’t bite me. Right now they want 5 years, 205 mill, with a cap hit in 41, 45 and 50 mill. That’s a ton of cash I don’t want to spend. Okay, we got the deal:

Cap hit – 31 mill, 31 mill, 32, 32, and 42.

Alrighty. I advance the stage I want to see what OT Starks might cost – he wants 1 year deal for 10 mill.

But, I have some players that I want to re-up first.

I extend C Leggin by two years

I extend MLB Eduardo Sweat. I’m not letting him go

I cut RB Gaston. I re-sign OG Rasnic with the change. Flat cap of 12 mill for three years and then 15.

We have 38 players on the roster. I have 21 mill under the cap, 10 mill for new players I really don’t have a lot of cash for a one year deal with Starks. Sorry. I’ll just use Matthews and Keith

I make an offer to LS Rex Cole. That’ll be 2 mill of my cap space right there. I don’t have that much left.

I could cut DT Dwyer due to moving to a 3-4, and such. I would like to extend Gati and Popson for sure, as solid backups for their positions. I’d also like to rehire Menzies at some point in time as well.

Our needs right now:

Starting RB, WR
Backup QB
Backup TE
KR/PR if not Menzies
2x backup WR
Backup OT
Backup DEx2
DT Maybe if 4-3
2x LB if 3-4
CBX3

Maybe starter at CB and OT. I need RB and WR. Any good news in FA?

No WR is better than 47/47, and no WR that’s younger than 30 is better than 45/45.

Who has the best PR in FA? A RB names Levi Sim.s Then Menzies. Who has the best current KR in FA? Menzies is 4th best.

At RB we have a 46/46 th year vet, Howard Tubbs who wants 3 mill and just a one yeardeal. We drop the half0way decent RB very quickly as well

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote