View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 01:26 PM   #429
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to RB Percy Romine

I don’t have the cap space to chase CB Maxwell, FL Wilcox or one of the DE. WlB McCarthy wants too much bread as well.

Week 2 – FL Wilcox heads to Tennessee; DE Bradley and Matters to Arizona and Tennessee, and the 50/50 other RB target to Tennessee as well. The Titans are cleaning up FA thus far. I bump up Romine’s deal.

Week 3 – We sign RB Romine to a 3 year, $13.28 mill deal. CB Coxwell is heading to Baltimore.

Now, I only need OLB and FB as starters.

I take a gander at the draft.

Not a good OLB draft, but a few intriguing ILB. I interview a few of those.

I also interview the top 5 DE in case.

Not a good looking draft either. Ugh. The DE and MLB will go early as a result.

I also interview a few CB as well. I could stand to really youthen my cornerbacks.

Can’t rely on getting great talent this draft at 1.30.

I extend OG Hugh Stone, my primary backup ot the OG spot.

I still have two major players I haven’t extended:

CB Cary Greene, DE Gregory Burton

And I have some cap space (4 mill) I can free up when. if I cut backup (for now) WLB Casey Joyner. But Joynmer would likely be our starter at WLB when I move Ellwood back to SLB. Never mind. I have an idea. I have always liked SLB Jared Gati. Could I move him to WLB instead?

Week 4 – WLB McCarthy heads to Carolina.

Week 8 – FB Robbie Bauer is heading to Washington, DT Thomas Dwyer to New Orleans

Week 9 – OT Brant Matthews signs with the Colts.

Week 10 – I take a looksee to see if any intriguing folks fell.

I make an offer to RG Trent Clark to return to our team for two vet-min sal years.

I do the same for QB Matt Lyons.

I want to resign RFA WR Damian Geathers, CB Richard Kaden and MLB Devan Comer but they both want too much cash for backup type folks

I make an offer to RB Micah Falvey for a 2 year vet min sal deal, 42/42. 6th year man from Atlanta.

Week 11 – I sign QB Lyons, RB Falvey, and OG Clark.

I’ll probably cut QB Jaylen Millar later on. But that’s not saving me any real cash, so we’ll see how he grows post-camp.

I want t make an offer to MLB Comer. But, I need more cash – I’m out of money.

I cut WLB Casey Joyner. I offer Comer, who will be my new team leader post-Joyner, and work well with three people on that squad.

Comer:

DE Rogers – Strong Affinity
DE Alfredo Osborne – Exceptional affinity
LB Van Ellwood – Exceptional Affinity

That was the right play

We have 41 players on the team and we’ll pick up 8 in the draft.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote