View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, so here's what I remember so far. It took until Halloween, but THREE jobs opened up at once. Athol and Amadaun applied for all three right away -- Chaconne and Passacaglia waited to see if something would open up in their home countries. That same days, Sutton United offers Athol the job, and he takes it. Amadaun gets shafted out of the other two jobs, as they all eventually approach Athol. He turns the other two down, and Amadaun can't even re-apply for them! So Chaconne and Passacaglia apply for them, since they're open.

Anyway, Athol's first game at Sutton United goes pretty well -- until our keeper gets hurt in the 75th minute, just after we've used all 3 subs. We manage to hold on until the 95th minute, when our right defender just GIVES the ball to their forward, who is pretty much one-on-one with our "keeper" and he scores easily. We lose, 1-0.

Anyway, in time, another job opens up -- Hayes. Amadaun applies, and gets it. That puts them both in Conference South. Amadaun's second game was against Athol's Sutton United squad, and I had them both compliment each other to make their teams happy.

The next available job came in Italy. Passacaglia was being looked at as the top candidate for the job, so it was a cinch. He's working at Giugliano -- and while those English teams were in the relegation zone, Giugliano is just above it at 16th. The only problem is, my strategy for success in these bottom league is to grab the most highly valued players for loan, but it seems like I can't loan anyone right now. Maybe I have to wait until Jan. 1?

Chaconne finally got a job -- in England also. Nuneaton Burough is 13th in Conference North, so at the moment, they seem to have the best shot at promotion.

It's mid-December, so the English teams have to get all their long-term loans done before the end of the year!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote