View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #10
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Saturday, January 8

Hayes play a 0-0 draw with Maidenhead. Position still at 21st.

Sutton United beat Havant & Waterlooville 2-1. We get a goal from D/S C Joff Vansittart in the 32nd, and another from AM C Chris Nurse in the 72nd. We give up a goal in the 85th minute, but hold on to win. We move up to 14th!

Nuneaton travels to face Ashton United. S C Gez Murphy gets his 15th goal of the season in the 52nd minute, and AM RL Stuart Whittaker (playing on the left side for the first time with us) adds another in the 68th. We roll, 2-0, and are up to 10th!

Sunday, January 9

Giugliano in their first game after the two-week Christmas break. I'm excited because for the first three games for Passacaglia at Giugliano, his top two goal scorers have been out. We've played a lot of 5-4-1, just hoping for ties. We've had one goal in those three games, managinf three ties (1-1, then 0-0 and 0-0). So I'm hoping that the return of our second best goal scorer, S C Massimo Perna, we can get some goals. Perna comes in at left forward, and we play a 5-3-2. He doesn't get a goal, but we do get one from AM L Bruno De Araujo Fonseca coming off the bench, in the 63rd minute, giving us a 1-0 draw, our first win! We've got to give the 'dedication award' to AM C Nicola Mancino. The game mentioned a few bad hits he took in the 2nd half, but he never ended up with the green cross. As the game ended, his condition was 4. Wow. Anyway, the win bumps us up to 15th -- we're still in the relegation playoff zone, and 13th is our goal to get out of it. That might be accomplished with another win. Our opponent, Vigo Lamezia, drops from 2nd to 3rd. Nice win over a big opponent, even if it was at home.

Tuesday, January 11

Nuneaton is home vs. 20th place Kettering. The bad guys get the jump on us, scoring in the 6th minute, but then they get an own goal, which looked to me like it should have been credited to S C Gez Murphy, but whatever. Speaking of Murphy, he goes out in the 76th minute -- after I've used all three subs. Oops. We're saved, however, by some schlub for Kettering getting two yellow cards in one rant in the 79th minute. The match ends 1-1. We stay at 10th.

Hayes is at 20th place Redbridge. We start out strong, with a goal by David Warner in the 10th minute. Then SW/D C Paul Holsgrove commits a foul in the penalty box right before halfime, and the convert to make it a 1-1 tie. Then Redbridge scores in the last minute of the game, and we lose 2-1. Speaking of Paul Holsgrove, he's a player/coach, and he's all pissy because he got downgraded from 'key player' to 'first team' even though he's practically in danger of losing his starting spot, and his contract isn't protected. He's 35, and the deadline of his contract is not for a year and a half. Anyone know why it's not protected? We stay at 21st.

Sutton United is at 1st place Lewes. D/S C Joff Vansittart scores in the 50th minute, making me very glad I decided to keep him at forward instead of moving him back to defender. We play a 3-1-4-2, with one DMC, and I thought about switching to a 4-1-4-1, one DMC and just one forward. Looks like it paid off, as we win 1-0. Very nice! We move up to 12th, and only three points behind 5th place Weymouth and the promotion playoff zone!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote