View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #266
Radii
Head Coach

March 7, 2012

Ohio (13-17, 8-8 MAC) vs Eastern Michigan (6-24, 1-15 MAC)

We've beaten E. Michigan twice this year with ease. I see no reason to expect this to be any different.

Scouting

PG WB McCoy – SO - 69 OVR – Looks like their best 3 point shooter(74), and their best defender by far(85, pretty good actually). Good speed but not a good ball handler for a PG. 9.2 ppg

SG Cruz Garner – JR – 71 OVR – decent speed, decent shooting(79 close/75 med/71 3), average defense at best(76). If this is their most talented player we're in great shape. 10.9 ppg, leading them so far.

SF Freddie Stehly – SO – 71 OVR – average/below average defense(73), not very fast, 82 in close, 74/70 from med and 3 point ranges. Looks like a pretty good leaper and dunker. 10 points per game and 6.2 rebounds. 6'5”

PF Dexter Valdez – FR – 55 OVR – 6'9”, terrible rebounder, terrible in the post(all ratings below 70), 85 in close but nothing else to go with it at 5.2 ppg.

C Keith Buchanan – SO – 65 OVR – 6'9”, actually a PF. Terrible rebounder(66 drg!), not good in the post on either side, 86 in close. 7 ppg.
Half
Time
OHIO
EMU
Notes
16:00
Well certainly not the start we wanted. Dahi has 2 fouls, Delic and Cooper 1, while we've only drawn 1 foul on EMU so far.
14:30
Cooper with 2 fouls now and we've got some noteworthy foul trouble. I'm very displeased with our defense.
12:15
We are just totally out of sync on both ends of the floor. I call a timeout in disgust. They have 4 offensive boards already, this is a team we ought to dominate on the boards.
11:00
Sessoms becomes our 3rd player with 2 fouls, they are in the penalty.
9:00
We now have a lineup of Roller, house, and 3 PF/C's on the court.
5:20
I simply stall and burn clock until Massey and Turner are rested, but Turner isn't really anywhere close to fully rested, I'm just trying to get out of this half in striking distance really. We have drawn 8 fouls on them total, two each on their two big men, but we seem to be hurting a lot more than them.
2:30
All our 2 foul guys come back out for the end of the first half. We can't go into the locker room down 17, I feel the need to make something happen here.

HALF
A random Mikalauskas 3 pointer at the buzzer makes it a 20 point game, it was 23 and could have been worse. We are simply laying an egg against the worst team in the league.

We are shooting under 33% from the floor, allowing them to shoot 50% and they have a 24-12 edge on the boards. They also took 19 Fts in the first half, making 13. House has 8, Cooper 5, Turner 3, Delic 2, Dahi 0.. That's not how we're going to win.

Lastly, they have an 8-1 edge on the offensive glass and a 14-6 edge on points in the paint. Just terrible.
19:30
On the opening possession of the second half, we play solid defense, and with 3 seconds left on the shot clock, Turner gets a reach in foul, they get a new 35. Not the start to the half we needed.
14:00
They are making everything, this is insane. Just not our day.
12:15
Sessoms making 1-2 free throws, us getting the rebound on the miss and finding Cooper for a 3 gives us a 4 point possession, and gets the lead down under 20.
10:15
We run off 7 points in about 15 seconds and for the first time I feel like maybe we can win this game. Massey makes a 3, they turn it over shortly after crossing midcourt on a bad pass. Massey makes a layup and gets fouled. He misses his free throw, Sessoms with the board and putback to take us from 66-46 to 66-53 in very short order.
7:30
A 3 point play by House and the lead is 10. We definitely have the momentum now.
4:20
Cooper has scored our last 7 straight, the last 3 on a 3 point play in transition, and we're as close as we've been in forever.
3:10
Holy crap!!!! They get a VERY frustrating 3 points, drawing a foul, making 1, getting an offensive board, drawing a foul, missing both, getting an offensive board and getting a putback. Very demoralizing. On our next possession we get Turner a wide open 3 which he hits to make it 75-68. Sessoms with a huge block on the other end, we catch them off guard and Delic gets fouled going in for what would have been a dunk if he were taller :P

Anyway, Delic makes one, misses one. House with the board, but his putback is blocked. Delic snags it, throws it out of the lane, Turner is open and drains a 3!!!! 3 point game!!!!
1:50
House has 9 boards now, he just got another offensive board on a free throw miss, though we didn't score after it, and a board on the defensive end. We found him on the offensive end for a bucket that cuts the lead to 2. Timeout Eastern Michigan.
1:08
They get an offensive board on their end and a putback. We get a nice little shot inside from Delic off a screen. Still down 2 with 1 minute left.
0:30
They get a good shot from McCoy and Cooper misses a 3 on our end. We've got to foul and hope now.

They make their free throws and I can't get a good look at a 3 in the final 30 seconds. Cooper and Turner each miss contested 3's and our comeback falls just short.

Eastern Michigan 83
Ohio 77

Well, we played like complete shit against the worst team in the league for about 30 minutes, made a crazy run to get back into the game but fell just short. I really have no explanation. We got into bad foul trouble early with a team that doesn't have enough depth, and we just could not get our shots to fall, could not rebound, and could not stop them from scoring until the final 10 minutes.

Turner: 12 points/5 assists
Cooper: 15 points
House: 15 points/10 boards
Delic: 11 points/8 boards
Dahi: 0 points/2 boards ← 18 minutes, Dahi isn't starting to open next season, this is BS.

Massey: 8 points
Sessoms: 7 points/5 boards ← 16 mintues, he's starting next year most likely.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote