View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

One of the novel ideas I've been rolling around in my head finally started coming to fruitition tonight. I had one of my friends question me about the main character for one of the ideas and as a result, I now have a firmer grasp on both the main character and the line as a whole.

In fact, I even got the first passage for it written down. This particular blurb takes place somewhere in the middle of the novel, as I'm envisioning it right now. Though I don't intend on putting all of the book up here obviously, since this is the first passage I've come up with, I'll throw it in for the hell of it.

Obviously it's a rough draft and by no means a final version, so feel free to rip it apart if you like.

"The spark that had seemed so real, so electric when they exchanged words across the infinite world of the Internet dimmed a little the first moment he saw her. What he had thought to be lushly pale skin, beautiful and gothic in the picture, revealed on close-up inspection to be callow and dotted with a fair-sized batallion of acne, the white helmets of the red blotches leering in sadistic triumph at him.

The lips he believed to be soft and kissable were hard and small, as unappealing as a month-old peach stone. Her body was broad and bovinelike, rather than pleasantly curved as he'd imagined in his fantasies. The hair that had been silky and blonde in the picture's light was now betrayed as coarse and a bland shade of sand.

In short, Winston's dreams of the past five months crumbled in the space of three seconds."

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote