View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #362
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I disagree...in every story ive read about them, they were swordsman. The cardinals guard had marksmen, but the musketeers were swordsman. I, rightly or wrongly, expect the game to follow suite.

Much like i expect there to be 3 musketeers, and possibly 4 with dartanion (or whatever is name is)

I think this goes back to what I was talking about yesterday a bit when I asked if anyone was familiar with this part of the theme/story of the musketeers. I'm not very versed in it, and after no one really replied yesterday I did a bit research on wikipedia. Some comments I have regarding this are:

According to wikipedia:

- There were many many more musketeers than the 3 musketeers + d'Artagnan at one point, they were a fighting company in the royal household
- The "Three musketeers + d'Artagnan" were simply the only ones who didn't turn in their stuff when the musketeers were disbanded by the cardinal later on (as far as I can tell from reading).. but from what I know, this happens after the setting we currently are in for this game.
- THe musketeers were called such because they were the forces armed with -muskets- or guns.

The problem I have is I haven't finished all of the reading, and I still havent figured out how the musketeers were at odds with the cardinal guard before later after this setting in theme, and part of me wonders if it really even matters for the purpose of this game.

So all I can conclude though is that I wouldn't be suprised to see if a musketeer was formidable with a musket. I wouldn't be suprised if a musketeer is formidable with a sword, and I wouldn't be suprised if they all necessarily have to be.

I also feel that since as far as I know, this is before the time of the 3 musketeers, that we might not be locked into those three (or 4) per say.. I might be wrong on that though, but think of games this size 3 or 4 is likely a reasonable guess for wolves anyways to start with so no big deal either way to me.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote